Pintail Flats Hunting Club
Now that we have completed our 3rd season using your T-box fiberglass pit blinds I thought you might like to hear from us now that the club is in full swing. As Founder and Co-Manager of the Pintail Flats Hunting Club I just have just one thing to say....".your products are awesome"! We have 4 of the double T-boxes set up on our 42 acre pond and 2 single T-boxes set up on the 40 acre roost.We use a combination of palm leaves and oleander branches to create the new cover each year. With so much of the pit below the water level, we stay hidden, out of the wind, and warmer than we ever have before. The ability to move across to the other seat is also big benefit when the wind changes or the birds don't work the decoys like they should. The unused seat also makes a great place to store your gear. Our 4 pit set up can easily hunt and conceal up to 8 men and 2 dogs with no problem.We have added a feature to the double T that helps us stay hidden better. With some hunters wanting to look around more than others, my partner and I added a treated 2x4 across the top of the pits with holes drilled in the wood about every 2 inches. The 2x4 is attached at one end of the pit with a galvanized hinge so it can be raised and you can walk under it. We then stick oleander branches in the holes to create more cover between hunters. This allows 4 sided camouflage on every hunter. We call this a "Sprig Splitter", because the pintails set up right down the middle of the blinds! We have also developed a good way to anchor the double pits using 48" long x 6" dia. earth anchors. If you want some more information about our anchoring system just let me know and I can take some photographs of what we use. Over the last 2 seasons we have elected to leave the pits in place after we drain down the hunting areas. We find that the pits are not affected by weather and are easily cleaned and readied for the up coming season.I have included some pictures of our set up at the lease. Keep up the good work.... we're looking forward to expanding our club with more of your blinds!Sincerely,
Gary R. Kimbrell - Pintail
Flats Hunting Club
Fin & Fowl Outfitters, Inc
11663 Jones Road, Suite B
Houston, TX 77070
Mr. Oliver, We have enjoyed the performance of your company’s new pit blinds, both t-box and barrel style. They were used the past two seasons.The barrel style for marsh and the t-box for rice fields have worked great. We are also impressed with the strength and endurance of the pits.We run a commercial operation and they are hunted a minimum of four days a week through the season. They are easy to set in the fall and remove in the spring.Thank you for the great product.
Dear Mr. Oliver,I would like to thank you again for the pit blinds. As an avid waterfowler, I think your blinds are the best! I have purchased several of your Tradewinds one man blinds and your Barrel blinds and have been completely satisfied with your product. As a former guide, my clients were always impressed with their ability to stay hidden, as well as the stability and comfort of the blinds. I think I even heard some snoring on those early mornings!I just wanted to thank you again for a quality product.
The Drake Plantation
I HAVE BEEN A WATERFOWL GUIDE FOR 12 YEARS AND HAVE HUNTED IN EVERY KIND OF BLIND. FROM THE PIZZA STAND MADE OF WOOD, TO THE OLD STYLE 55 GALLION BARREL BLIND, TO THE SUNKEN GARBAGE CAN. BUT THERE IS NOTHING OUT THERE LIKE A GOOD PIT BLIND MADE OF FIBERGLASS.
THERE ARE SEVERAL REASONS WHY YOU WANT TO HUNT IN A PIT BLIND AS A GUIDE OR PUBLIC HUNTER BUT THESE ARE MY FAVORITE AND SEEM TO BE THE MAIN TICKET IN TAKING THE SMARTEST OF SMART DUCKS AND GEESE.
1) TOTAL CONCEALMENT-: THE BETTER YOU HAVE YOURSELF AND YOUR PARTY COVERED THE BETTER YOUR ODDS ARE. IN THE PIT BLIND YOU ARE DRY AND COMFORTABLE WITH ROOM FOR YOUR THINGS. SAFETY IS ALWAYS ON YOUR MIND BUT A PIT BLIND IS AS SAFE AS THEY GET. AT ANY GIVEN TIME, AS LONG AS YOUR GUN IS POINTED UP AND ON THE SEAT OR FLOOR, IF IT FELL, IT CAN ONLY FALL TO A 33 DEGRE ANGLE ALLOWING IT TO STILL BE IN A SAFE POINTED DIRECTION.
2) GROUND LEVEL-: AT GROUND LEVEL YOUR ODDS ARE BETTERED BY 100% DUE TO THE PROVEN FACT THAT IF IT LOOKS NATURAL AND HAS GOOD COVER SO THE BIRDS CAN’T SEE YOUR FACE OR YOUR MOVEMENT THEN THEY WILL COME RIGHT TO THE DECOYS AND THE CALLING.
3) IN AND OUT OF FIELD-: AS A GUIDE SERVICE, WE ARE CONSTANTLY CHASING THE BIRDS. THE PIT BLINDS THAT WE USE ARE GENERALLY LEFT IN THE FIELD YEAR ROUND UNTIL WE KNOW WHERE THE CROPS ARE TO BE PLANTED AND WE MOVE THEM ACCORDING TO THAT SPOT. ONCE YOU HAVE YOUR SPOT, PUTTING THE BLINDS IN THE GROUND AND ANCHORING THEM IN IS VERY EASY. ONCE THESE BLINDS ARE IN THAT IS IT. THEY ARE THERE FOR THE SEASON.
4) TRADE WINDS BLINDS-: THESE BLINDS ARE THE BEST CONSTRUCTION THAT IS OUT THERE BUILT OUT OF FIBERGLASS. THEY DON’T LEAK, THEY ARE VERY ROOMY, AND YOU CAN PUT MANY BLINDS SIDE BY SIDE TO MAKE YOUR HUNTING SPOT OR BLIND AS BIG AS YOU WANT. MOST ALL OF OUR SPOTS HAVE THE ONE MAN “T” BOX BLIND FOR RICE FIELD HUNTING. WE ALSO HAVE THE BARREL BLINDS IN THE MARSH PONDS, AND WE HAVE SOME TWO MAN “T” BOXES THAT WE USE FOR THE BIG BOYS.
5) DURRABILITY-: PAUL OLIVER AND HIS STAFF AT TRADE WINDS BLINDS TAKE CARE OF YOUR HUNTING NEEDS WHEN IT COMES TO WATERFOWL HUNTING. IF THESE BLINDS HAVE ANY PROBLEMS AT ALL PAUL IS THERE TO FIX OR REPLACE THE BLIND SO THAT NO HUNTING TIME IS LOST. THESE BLINDS ARE THICK, STURDY, AND BUILT FOR HUNTERS BY HUNTERS THAT LOVE TO WATERFOWL HUNT.
THE DAYS OF HUNTING OUT OF A WOOD BLIND OR LAYING ON THE GROUND ARE OVER WITH THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE TRADEWINDS SYSTEM. IF YOU ARE A SERIOUS DUCK HUNTER YOU OWE IT TO YOURSELF AS WELL AS THE GROUP YOU HUNT WITH TO INVEST IN A TRUE BUILT BLIND, THUS TO IMPROVE YOUR WATERFOWL EXPERIENCE.
TRADE WINDS BLINDS HAS OVER 8 DIFFERENT STYLES OF BLINDS TO HUNT IN AND EVERYONE IS PROVEN TO BE THE BEST BLIND HUNT YOU WILL EVER HAVE.
THE DRAKE PLANTATION